Project Title: iBeacon for blind people
Problem: Movement of blind people within particular location
Solution: Navigation app with voice alerts by using ibeacon technology
We have defined the following features list
- Add building map or particular areas information into ibeacon device
- Navigation system
- To find shortest route during movement from one place to another
- Will generate voice message based on navigation system response
- Warning voice message when user is moving out of range or taking a wrong turn etc
- Get real time information and manipulate to get correct knowledge about surroundings and respond with only meaningful output at that time/location
- Google map integration with ibeacon to implement in most crowded locations like bus stations or moving from one crowded location to another one
- Information regarding ibeacon covered areas
List of future tasks to implement for everyone, step towards universal app.
- Will built map for graphical view
- Will add navigation interface along with voice messages functionality (switch behavior or they can use both)
Where money will come?
- By selling this app to government organizations for facilitating special children schools/colleges/universities, employees etc
- Will also sell this app to private organizations like offices, schools, markets, shopping malls etc
- Will integrate voice ads from interested companies or related to specific product for blind people(we will move to generic ads when we move to universal app)
Roles & Responsibilities
|Programmer & App analyst||Will be responsible to create an initial requirements and analysis document. Also responsible to write program to build first prototype.|
|UX/UI||Conduct primary research on exploring the behaviours of blind people within the campus.
To help the team understand what will make the app more intuitive, applicable, fun and magical 🙂
|Business analyst & Product Manager||Create business model and interact with product stakeholders. Will do market research to find gaps for our product and will find possible solutions to launch in market.|
|Programmer & Tester||Program to build first prototype and testing.|
- Expensive, We don’t know blind people will use this or not, because it will cost expensive.
- Hard to implement in all public areas.
- Hard to test or need more time for testing & building this app with real blind users/testers.
- Violating privacy in certain conditions.